N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper announced starting on Friday, October 2nd at 5 p.m., North Carolina will move to Phase 3.
Here are some of the key points:
* Large outdoor venues with seating greater than 10,000 may operate with 7% occupancy for spectators.
* Smaller outdoor entertainment venues, like arenas or amphitheaters, may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
* Movie theaters and conference centers may open indoor spaces to 30% of capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
* Bars may operate outdoors at 30% of outdoor capacity, or 100 guests, whichever is less.
* Amusement parks may open at 30% occupancy, outdoor attractions only.
* The limits on mass gatherings will remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors.
* The 11 pm curfew on alcohol sales for in-person consumption in locations such as restaurants and outdoor bars will be extended to October 23.
State and public health officials will continue watching the key COVID-19 trends over the next several weeks to determine if any further restrictions can be eased when the current Executive Order expires October 23.
For more information, please click the Executive Order and FAQ link below: